Trachelospermum asiaticum (2.5-inch pot)
Common names: Asiatic Jasmine
- Height: 6-24 Inches
- Hardiness Zone: 7-10
- Sun to Shade
- Evergreen - may Winter burn in zone 7 in exposed areas
- Ground cover for hard to cover areas
- Prune back early Spring
- Erosion Control
Trachelospermum asiaticum, also known as Asiatic jasmine, is a fast-growing evergreen vine or shrub that is native to Asia. It is a popular ornamental plant that is grown for its fragrant flowers and glossy green leaves.
- Can grow to be 6-15 feet tall and 10-20 feet wide.
- Glossy dark green 1-2 inches long leaves.
- Blooms in spring with clusters of white flowers that have a sweet fragrance, when climbing. Blooms very little, if at all, when grown as a ground cover.
- Prefers full sun to partial shade and rich loamy well-drained soil.
- Tolerate some salt.
- Deer-resistant and pest-resistant.
If you are looking for a low-maintenance, moderately drought-tolerant, and fragrant vine, or shrub, as a groundcover, a vine - trained to grow on a trellis or arbor, or a shrub, Trachelospermum asiaticum is a great option.