Euonymus fortunei 'Acutus' (2.5-inch pot)
Common Name: Wintercreeper
- Height: 12-24 Inches
- Spread: 2-3 Feet
- Space 12-18 inches apart.
- Hardiness Zone: 5-8
- Full Sun to Shade
- Tough Ground Cover
- Only newer growth turn Burgundy in Winter
- Best used in areas where it can be managed.
- Use for large hard to cover areas.
Euonymus fortuneii 'Acutus', also known as Wintercreeper, is an evergreen groundcover that is easy to grow and care for. It is tolerant of a wide range of conditions, including full sun to partial shade, moist to well-drained soil, and a variety of pH levels. It is also deer and rabbit resistant.
Euonymus fortuneii 'Acutus' is trailing groundcover with 1" - 1½", green leaves. New tip growth turns burgundy in the Fall. Stems root along nodes. It is a tough ground cover that will grow in most any condition.
- Excellent for erosion control.
- Rapid growth habit.
- Tolerates any well drained soil conditions.
- Drought tolerant once established.
- Euonymus 'Acutus' will climb low walls.
- Not a good choice for a groundcover with shrubs due to its climbing nature.
- Mature height up to 2', spread 3', climbs 20'
- Water regularly, first year after planting.
- Fertilize lightly in spring or fall.
- Prune in late winter or early spring to maintain the desired shape.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Once again, I received awesome service & excellent quality plants. Very pleased with this nursery.